Marina – Our Rottweiler Diva

Rottweiler

The Dive: Our Rottweiler Marina

I am Marina. I will be 4 years old next month. I am a big girl now. Wag wag!

I came home when I was really tiny. I don’t remember my Mom, so I couldn’t tell you where I was born. I was locked in a cage for the first three months in a pet store. The store people were really nice, and carried me around. Then Ma and Pa came. I saw them coming to see me quite a few times, before they finally decided to buy me.

Walking was so tough for me during the first few days. Though I was almost 4 months old when I came home, having being locked up in a cage for all that time meant my leg muscles were not strong enough. I fell down the yard steps on my very first day, and then tripped over the patio. Now I am very strong, and can jump over a fence easily. However, I still can’t climb into Mom’s car. Ma says I can, but I think I can’t.

Ma is really strict. Pa, on the other hand, used to be strict, but now he is a putty in my paws.Wag wag!

My doggy time-table: I get up in the morn, sniff around the bushes and check for stray furry things. Don’t get to see them often, and if I do, Leo, my older bro, often chases them away. He is nuts and can’t hunt to save his life!

I come back and wait for Mom to give me food. I love it when she cooks rice for me (I’m salivating just by thinking of it). But normally, its dry dog food, which I eat because Ma thinks it’s good for me.

Then she takes us to play outside. I love horsing around with Leo, though at times he can be a bully. Ma and Pa think he is an angel. Well, that’s big brothers for you. My human brothers pet me a lot, especially the little one. I think he is of lower rank than me, but he thinks otherwise. I let him.

I love the game of hide and seek that Mom plays with Leo and me. She carries some yummy treats in her hands (the scrambled eggs are the best), and she hides all over the house, and we have to find her.Whoever finds her first gets the big piece. She runs up and down the stairs a lot of times, and though I think she is crazy, I still find her. Those treats are too yummy to let go. But once the game is done, I get very tired. Then I simply prefer to flop down on my paws.

Slumbering and snoozing is what I do best. Unless I see other dogs through the window, which is not quite often. Then I slobber all over the window.

Some interesting tit bits about me:

• I love making nose art on Mom’s glass doors in the house (well, that’s how she explains the dirty glass doors to people).
  • I hate getting my paws wet. I would give a lot not to go out in the rain.
  • If any of my pack members get sick, I get very worried and never leave their side. Once I feel they are fine, I go and sleep in my corner peacefully. Like one time, I sat by my human brother whole night while Ma was tending to hm. He was barfing a lot. I felt sad. But later on he was fine. I slept for two days after that.
  •  I jump, growl and snap at all the Nat Geo animals Pa loves watching on TV.GRRRROARRRR!!!!!Rottweiler with glasses
  • I adore kids. I don’t know why they won’t let me climb into their laps. Ma is specially strict about that. My neighbor’s Maltese climbs laps all the time, and no one says anything. Not fair!
  • Do you know, I am number 2 on the ‘Dangerous Breed’ list in US? I am very dangerous  you see. I lick people and kids to death, I wag my stub and play with pooches (like my neighbor’s Maltese) and let them take away my toys (I draw a line at bones though). If you pet me whole day, I’ll be your slave. Oh and yes, don’t forget your camera! You see, I love posing for pictures!

14 comments for “Marina – Our Rottweiler Diva

1. May 22, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Hi Cute and Adorable Marina – It’s great to know that you love children – I thought Rottweilers are ferocious and aggressive.
    And now you are a big girl – so don’t climb into laps!
    Bow Wow from my Doberman X Girl Sherry
    Say Hi to Leo and your Human Family
    Vikram

• May 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

” Dear Vikram, thank you so much & I am so happy you read about me, but Ma is happier and she says you are a great ‘blogger’ (whatever that means, she keeps saying stuff I don’t understand, but love it anyway) & I try my best not to climb laps, I really do, and instead, I make do with sitting next to my human friends as close as possible, but now Ma says I am too strong even for that, that’s not fair, is it? And hi to you too, and your girl Sherry. And I would like to think I am ferocious (I’m sure the bunny rabbits around the bushes here think so too), but the Oppossum other night couldn’t care less & I was just sniffing, honest…….and she didn’t have to give me that nasty gash……and…..so…could I play with Sherry?”

2. May 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Too sweet! How sad that her poor little legs weren’t strong enough when you brought her home! She’s a luck diva for sure :-)

ps. I commented on your comment as to how to enter the “Dinnertising” giveaway. Let me know if you still need help!

• May 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Hi Kristy, thanks so much, that’s awfully kind of you! I will check it, and hopefully enter.
      It’s sad how these little pups are kept in small enclosures for such long period of time. She was atrociously priced, never taken out of the cage, peed and pooped in there and was only carried out when someone requested a show. Not that the store people were unkind, far from it, but most pet store policies leave a lot to be desired. Though we bought her, it was almost like a rescue – she was already way too big for the cage, and almost over the age where they would have had to get rid of her soon. We truly wanted a German companion for Leo, but well, she was meant to be our diva.

3. May 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Awww. You are too cute Marina for a Rottweiler. If you ever come to India you can surely play with our lab Buzo. He is too friendly and will definitely find you ferocious. :)

• May 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I love labs!! Thank you Swapna for stopping by :) I am sure if they ever met, they will be two very happy dogs !

4. May 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Marina, the diva … I love your post and you are too cute :-)

• May 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM

“Thank you CJ, I think you are sweet too. Mom said you are. Wag wag!”

5. May 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM

What a cute rottie! You could come to Australia and play with Charlie. He always gives his ball to bigger dogs. :)

• May 24, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Oh! They sound like they would end being two very polite dogs urging each other to make a go at getting the ball first ;p

6. Pachu
    May 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Awwwwwww…now i want a dog soon! Woof woof!

• May 24, 2012 at 9:02 PM

AWESOME!! You go girl!!! I am 100% behind you. Dogs are such a huge positive energy around you, you never feel down when they are around you. Even if you are, they have such a big ability to perk you up.

7. May 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

awwww, so cute! I love dogs. My brother has a doberman that everyone considers “dangerous”, but he is really a huge puppy that also thinks he should be a lap dog. My miniature dachshund however, thinks he is a big ferocious dog….he is all of 8 pounds :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

• May 30, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Hahaha! That’s so sweet!! I’m sure your dachshund truly is a BIG dog in a little dog’s body :)) Thanks for coming by :) I hope to see you often.