I am Marina. I will be 4 years old next month. I am a big girl now. Wag wag!
I came home when I was really tiny. I don’t remember my Mom, so I couldn’t tell you where I was born. I was locked in a cage for the first three months in a pet store. The store people were really nice, and carried me around. Then Ma and Pa came. I saw them coming to see me quite a few times, before they finally decided to buy me.
Walking was so tough for me during the first few days. Though I was almost 4 months old when I came home, having being locked up in a cage for all that time meant my leg muscles were not strong enough. I fell down the yard steps on my very first day, and then tripped over the patio. Now I am very strong, and can jump over a fence easily. However, I still can’t climb into Mom’s car. Ma says I can, but I think I can’t.
Ma is really strict. Pa, on the other hand, used to be strict, but now he is a putty in my paws.Wag wag!
My doggy time-table: I get up in the morn, sniff around the bushes and check for stray furry things. Don’t get to see them often, and if I do, Leo, my older bro, often chases them away. He is nuts and can’t hunt to save his life!
I come back and wait for Mom to give me food. I love it when she cooks rice for me (I’m salivating just by thinking of it). But normally, its dry dog food, which I eat because Ma thinks it’s good for me.
Then she takes us to play outside. I love horsing around with Leo, though at times he can be a bully. Ma and Pa think he is an angel. Well, that’s big brothers for you. My human brothers pet me a lot, especially the little one. I think he is of lower rank than me, but he thinks otherwise. I let him.
I love the game of hide and seek that Mom plays with Leo and me. She carries some yummy treats in her hands (the scrambled eggs are the best), and she hides all over the house, and we have to find her.Whoever finds her first gets the big piece. She runs up and down the stairs a lot of times, and though I think she is crazy, I still find her. Those treats are too yummy to let go. But once the game is done, I get very tired. Then I simply prefer to flop down on my paws.
Slumbering and snoozing is what I do best. Unless I see other dogs through the window, which is not quite often. Then I slobber all over the window.
Some interesting tit bits about me:
- I love making nose art on Mom’s glass doors in the house (well, that’s how she explains the dirty glass doors to people).
- I hate getting my paws wet. I would give a lot not to go out in the rain.
- If any of my pack members get sick, I get very worried and never leave their side. Once I feel they are fine, I go and sleep in my corner peacefully. Like one time, I sat by my human brother whole night while Ma was tending to hm. He was barfing a lot. I felt sad. But later on he was fine. I slept for two days after that.
- I jump, growl and snap at all the Nat Geo animals Pa loves watching on TV.GRRRROARRRR!!!!!
- I adore kids. I don’t know why they won’t let me climb into their laps. Ma is specially strict about that. My neighbor’s Maltese climbs laps all the time, and no one says anything. Not fair!
- Do you know, I am number 2 on the ‘Dangerous Breed’ list in US? I am very dangerous you see. I lick people and kids to death, I wag my stub and play with pooches (like my neighbor’s Maltese) and let them take away my toys (I draw a line at bones though). If you pet me whole day, I’ll be your slave. Oh and yes, don’t forget your camera! You see, I love posing for pictures!