Weekend Dinner Party Extravaganza!

The Lady 8 Home Weekend Dinner Extravaganza

Don’t you just love dinner parties? I adore them. Large, small, medium, private, public, dancy, fancy, stuck up, footloose, dressy, casual, kiddie, couples, birthday, anniversary or just a ladies night – you name it and I love it.

Creating a fancy menu excites me equally. Should I go for finger foods or mocktails? Cheese or fries? Maybe a pizza night. No, no, let’s have a 7 course dinner evening.

The possibilities are endless. What would you like to cook? How would you go about the decoration? Or table setting? Put on your thinking caps, tie that apron and come on over. Let’s PARTEY!!!!

Link up your dishes right here. I want all of us to have fun. And when you have dinner parties at home, you know where to get the ideas from.

The Fun Begins:

The linky party opens Thursday midnight and closes Saturday midnight EST every week. You can post:

a) Anything that you can present in a dinner party. Numbers don’t matter, make whatever takes your fancy. Whip up that cream, grab the wine bottle, broil those steaks, chop the greens or fillet that fish. Go healthy or go sinful. It’s a party, HAVE FUN!

You can also post on party decoration ideas, party games ideas, ice breaker ideas, beauty tips, fashion ideas – in short anything that makes a party rocking.

b) Link new or old blog posts. Share one or share more if you want. But please make sure to link the URL of your blog post, and NOT the homepage. Also, post your own creations and photographs that you have the copyright to.

c) Leave me a comment telling me what you posted.

d) Like my Facebook page for updates, and share this linky party with your friends.

e) Mingle with other Party goers. Visit them and leave them comments. The whole idea of a party is to make friends and this is no different.

Next week I will create the menu – I will pick at least 1-3 appetizer, 2-4 entres, and 1 or 2 dessert items. Also I will share the most viewed post and include it in the menu. I will also pick the most interesting and helpful dinner party help ideas.
I will share them on Twitter, my facebook page and Pinterest.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

31 comments for “Weekend Dinner Party Extravaganza!

September 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I wish I could come my friend, it sorely wrinkles not to be part of this awesome extravaganza!
    Loving the idea and I know it will be a smashing success :)

• September 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM

You cal still do that Uru….just put my link in any of your blog post and put it up here. It would be just awesome to have you my dear friend.
      Minnie recently posted..Weekend Dinner Party Extravaganza!My Profile

2. September 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Hehe this is such a fun idea Minnie-you’re very creative! :D
    Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella recently posted..The Fairmont Resort, LeuraMy Profile

3. September 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM

What a terrific idea, Minnie! I’m loving it!! Thank you for hosting. Have a great weekend!
    Stephanie @ It’s not just about the recipe . . . . recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

• September 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Welcome to the party!! :D:D

4. September 6, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Thanks for hosting and inviting me :) I linked up my Slow Cooker Asian Style Ribs.
    Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen recently posted..Slow Cooker Asian Style RibsMy Profile

• September 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Welcome to the Party Bobbi!!

5. September 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Thanks for hosting Minnie! I’m linking up my Crispy Oven Roasted Zucchini :-D
    Brittany @ unBearablyGood recently posted..Crispy Oven Roasted Zucchini!My Profile

• September 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Welcome Brittany! I am so glad :)

It didn’t get linked in. The linky tool is at the bottom of my post. You enter the URL of your post and then name it.

Also, you must link back, meaning you will have to post the link of this post somewhere in your own blog post.

Let me know if this helped.

6. September 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Thanks for hosting Minnie! I am linking up my Crispy Oven Roasted Zucchini :-D

7. September 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Hi Minni, I’m here from Charle’s blog, very nice to meet you. What a cool post, I don’t have time right now to participate, but I will keep it in mind over the weekend. Have a great night.
    Eva Taylor recently posted..Mango BBQ SauceMy Profile

• September 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Thank you so much for coming over Eva :) I will look forward to your dish. You have all of weekend, so hopefully that will help.

8. September 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

What a great idea :-)
    CJ at Food Stories recently posted..September Giveaway ~ $20 Cash ~ Daily & International Entries WelcomeMy Profile

9. September 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Love this idea! Let’s party! I shared my Giant Skillet Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookie and my Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole. Thanks for hosting!
    Heidi Zapolski @ Mommy Made From Scratch recently posted..Back to School Pencils: Munchkin MondaysMy Profile

• September 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Thank you so so much Heidi! Love your submission :) I think I am going to make that skillet cookie for my son and his little friends next week. I am so excited.
      Minnie recently posted..Capsicum Pepper Stew – spices and herbsMy Profile

10. September 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hi Minnie,
    I was wondering if you will be having a dinner party each week or this is a one time event?
    I already put out my post, but I could come back next week if you’re hosting.
    Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits recently posted..Swiss Chard Green SmoothieMy Profile

• September 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Hey Mireya, I will be doing this every week. This will be open Thursday to Sunday.

On Friday I will be putting up my Weekend Dinner extravaganza menu winners from the previous week.I am so glad you like it :) You can still post something this week too…..all you need to do is edit a post and put in my link, and then enter the post URL here. Older posts are welcome too :)

11. September 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Hey minnie how are u

bhaskar told me about this

i dont have time now for anything but wud love to participate

just a query

i have some pakodas or bhajiyas can i link tht here..

mayb not this week but next week perhaps

and its old post i can do repost on it no prb

and u know my blog is total vegetarian no eggs no meat so what say?
    meena recently posted..Eggless Chocolate brownies..My Profile

• September 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

It’s absolutely fine Meena. You can still post it. If you have a post you want to add here, copy the URL of this post (the Dinner party post), and then put it somewhere in your blog post you want to add. Then copy the URL of that blog post, enter it here, name the dish, and done. It’s very simple. You can link anything you want. Pakodas and bhajiyas sound perfect :D

12. September 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

hI MINNIE i have right now put masoor dal tikki

its old post bt see if its ok

wud put a new post next week on this
    meena recently posted..Eggless Chocolate brownies..My Profile

• September 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Red lentil cutlets?? Wow! Rocks :))

13. September 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

oohh I missed this one. I think I had company…again.
    I am going to see what i can post for the next one.

Nazneen xx
    Coffee and Crumpets recently posted..Apple and Rhubarb CakeMy Profile

• September 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Hey Nazneen, can’t wait.

14. September 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Am I too late? I was on holiday and just came back… so sorry!!
    kitchen memories recently posted..Saffron & bacon pasta: a week-end of kilts and bagpipesMy Profile

• September 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM