Weekend Gala Dinner Extravaganza Week #2

The Lady 8 Home Weekend Dinner Extravaganza

Don’t you just love dinner parties? I adore them. Large, small, medium, private, public, dancy, fancy, stuck up, footloose, dressy, casual, kiddie, couples, birthday, anniversary or just a ladies night – you name it and I love it.

Creating a fancy menu excites me equally. Should I go for finger foods or mocktails? Cheese or fries? Maybe a pizza night. No, no, let’s have a 7 course dinner evening.

The possibilities are endless. What would you like to cook? How would you go about the decoration? Or table setting? Put on your thinking caps, tie that apron and come on over. Let’s PARTEY!!!!

Link up your dishes right here. I want all of us to have fun. And when you have dinner parties at home, you know where to get the ideas from.

The Fun Begins:

The linky party opens Thursday midnight and closes Sunday midnight EST every week. You can post:

a) Anything that you can present in a dinner party. Numbers don’t matter, make whatever takes your fancy. Whip up that cream, grab the wine bottle, broil those steaks, chop the greens or fillet that fish. Go healthy or go sinful. It’s a party, HAVE FUN!

You can also post on party decoration ideas, party games ideas, ice breaker ideas, beauty tips, fashion ideas – in short anything that makes a party rocking.

b) Link new or old blog posts. Share one or share more if you want. But please make sure to link the URL of your blog post, and NOT the homepage. Also, post your own creations and photographs that you have the copyright to.

c) Leave me a comment telling me what you posted.

d) Like my Facebook page for updates, and share this linky party with your friends.

e) Mingle with other Party goers. Visit them and leave them comments. The whole idea of a party is to make friends and this is no different.

Following Friday, I will create the menu – I will pick at least 1-3 appetizer, 2-4 entres, and 1 or 2 dessert items. Also I will share the most viewed post and include it in the menu. I will also pick the most interesting and helpful dinner party help ideas.
I will share them on Twitter, my Facebook page and Pinterest.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

28 comments for “Weekend Gala Dinner Extravaganza Week #2

September 13, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I swear these exams have me miss out on too many parties, virtual and real ;)
    I CANNOT wait for your delicious dinner party :D

2. September 13, 2012 at 3:50 AM

nice one what happend to the last dinner extravangza

lets see what i share with u this time..
    meena recently posted..Apple raita ..My Profile

3. September 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Linked up my Raspberry Red Wine Ice Cream. This is a schmancy dinner party, right? ;)
    Kim @ Treats & Trinkets recently posted..Kim’s Favorite Mac ‘n CheeseMy Profile

4. September 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Great idea, Minnie! Love it!
    Sara Tetreault recently posted..Why I Use an Inside Laundry LineMy Profile

• September 14, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Thanks so much Sara!! :) So good to see you here.

5. September 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Great idea, it’ll be interesting to see which are the most visited dishes. GG
    Glamorous Glutton recently posted..The Kitchen Counter Cooking SchoolMy Profile

6. September 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

This is such a cute concept. I can’t wait to read all about it!
    Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella recently posted..Surprising Salalah, OmanMy Profile

• September 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Please bring your outstanding creations Lorraine….thinking of that orange chili cake….

7. September 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Ok I posted my Eton Mess recipe. It’s great for a party!
    Coffee and Crumpets recently posted..Apple and Rhubarb CakeMy Profile

8. September 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM

This sounds great! Thanks for the invite, Minnie! Hope I can get myself sorted and join in :D
    Ames @ a Melbourne girl at heart recently posted..Special Announcements!!My Profile

• September 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Looking so forward to it :D

• September 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Hi Minnie! I’ve linked in an oldy but a goody :D This is my first blog hop so very excited!
        Ames recently posted..Special Announcements!!My Profile

• September 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM

AWESOME!!!!

9. September 14, 2012 at 5:05 AM

Minnie I am bit confused. My dishes are simple so can I put up paneer pasanda here i did post it some time back what say
    meena recently posted..Apple raita ..My Profile

• September 14, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Meena you can post anything. Simple, complex don’t matter. What matters is the participation. You might think your dishes are simple, but to many, they are spectacular. Hugs!

10. September 14, 2012 at 8:41 AM

OK minnie linked my paneer pasanda to ur event..
    meena recently posted..Apple raita ..My Profile

11. September 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Hi Minnie!

Looks like u guys had some fun. =)
    I am sorry I couldt participate, I was stuck with some work that has been hanging in the air for some time and I really wanted to chill abit on sunday. Next time I hope to be invited again, and I ll surely make it then. ;)
    Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb recently posted..Comment on Fruit Salad with Flax Seeds by Apple Flax seed Cupcakes with Lemon GlazeMy Profile

• September 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I hope you can participate next week Helene. I can’t wait to see your recipes.