Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #4

Hi Friends, I am back with another EXCITING dinner party, this time complete with the Menu!!

The lady8home dinner poster

Don’t you just love dinner parties? I adore them. Large, small, medium, private, public, dancy, fancy, stuck up, footloose, dressy, casual, kiddie, couples, birthday, anniversary or just a ladies night – you name it and I love it.

Creating a fancy menu excites me equally. Should I go for finger foods or mocktails? Cheese or fries? Maybe a pizza night. No, no, let’s have a 7 course dinner evening.

The possibilities are endless. What would you like to cook? How would you go about the decoration? Or table setting? Put on your thinking caps, tie that apron and come on over. Let’s PARTEY!!!!

So what do we have for this week’s Menu?

Appetizers:

Rajma cutlets

Kidney Beans Cutlets

Entrée

Roasted Sausage and Potatoes

Roasted Sausage and Potatoes – This is seriously good, and my personal favorite this week.

chicken piccata

chicken piccata – this is a great party recipe.

Mixican confetti salad with honey-lime vinaigrette

Mixican confetti salad with honey-lime vinaigrette – so refreshing!

Dessert

Whipped Cream granola blueberry parfait

Whipped Cream granola blueberry parfait

The Winning dish of the week:

Margarita Chicken

This recipe grabbed most eye balls. Margarita Chicken. Isn’t it just a fab recipe?

Now, do link up for next week’s menu.

The Lady 8 Home Weekend Dinner Extravaganza

Copy paste this image on your wordpress blog for link back or cntrC my URL for link back.

Link up your dishes right here. I want all of us to have fun. And when you have dinner parties at home, you know where to get the ideas from.

The Fun Begins:

The linky party opens Thursday midnight and closes Sunday midnight EST. You can post:

a) Anything that you can present in a dinner party. Numbers don’t matter, make whatever takes your fancy. Whip up that cream, grab the wine bottle, broil those steaks, chop the greens or fillet that fish. Go healthy or go sinful. It’s a party, HAVE FUN!

You can also post on party decoration ideas, party games ideas, ice breaker ideas, beauty tips, fashion ideas – in short anything that makes a party rocking.

b) Link new or old blog posts. Share one or share more if you want. But please make sure to link the URL of your blog post, and NOT the homepage. Also, post your own creations and photographs that you have the copyright to.

c) Leave me a comment telling me what you posted.

d) Like my Facebook page for updates, and share this linky party with your friends.

e) Mingle with other Party goers. Visit them and leave them comments. The whole idea of a party is to make friends and this is no different.

Next week I will create the menu – I will pick at least 1-3 appetizer, 2-4 entres, and 1 or 2 dessert items. Also I will share the most viewed post and include it in the menu. I will also pick the most interesting and helpful dinner party help ideas.
I will share them on Twitter, my facebook page and Pinterest.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

The Lady8Home Gala Dinner Extravaganza

44 comments for “Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #4

1. October 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hi Minnie! I’m looking forward to seeing all the great dishes at this week’s dinner party. Thank you for hosting!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Stephanie @ It’s not just about the recipe . . . . recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

• October 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Thanks Stephanie!! :p

2. Bhaskar
    October 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Congrats to the winner.

Wish this was a real dinner party. As you begalis say “Fatafati” party that would have been. =))

3. October 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Wow that’s a visual treat Minnie :)
    Divya Pramil recently posted..Mint Chutney For Chaat / Green Chutney / Pudhina ChutneyMy Profile

4. October 5, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Divya u too here. haha and minnie wow i didnt realise that rajma cutlet wud make its way here.
    sure wud send something new by today or tomm
    meena recently posted..Tofu bread balls.. a guest postMy Profile

• October 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Thanks Meena :p I can’t wait!!!

October 5, 2012 at 1:49 AM

What a delicious spread this week my friend, can’t wait for next week too :D

CCU
    CCU recently posted..CCU Undercover: Trip To BowralMy Profile

• October 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I am still waiting for your recipe sweetheart.

6. October 5, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Now that’s a tasty dinner party! :D
    Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella recently posted..Caramelised Onion & Cream Cheese TartMy Profile

• October 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Isn’t it! I loved the menu too.

7. October 5, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Minnie entered kofta in spinach gravy.. check it out
    meena recently posted..Tofu bread balls.. a guest postMy Profile

• October 5, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Awesome!! Thanks so much Meena, hugs!

8. October 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Hi tried to link up for the first time but I kept getting told the link on my post wasn’t there even though it was. Wasn’t able to link up

• October 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Oh!! I am so sorry. I am not sure what happened here. The link should work.

9. October 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Thanks for hosting!
    Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal CookiesMy Profile

• October 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Thanks so much Jessica! That looks delicious!

10. October 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hi Stephanie,

I found you over at Sumptuous Spoonfuls! I tried to link up my Chicken Florentine Pasta, but it said that I need a back link, thought I did, but it’s not allowing me to link up. Hope you are having a wonderful day! Nettie! http://mooreorlesscooking.com/2012/10/04/chicken-florentine-pasta/
    nettiemoore recently posted..Chicken Florentine PastaMy Profile

11. October 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I finally made it to the party. Thanks for hosting! I posted my families favorite homemade pasta with sauce.

• October 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Yay!! Welcome Misty to the party. I am so happy you made it :-)

12. October 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

My mom introduced us to thelady8home not long ago. I thought I would join the party with a little chocolate and peanut butter. Thanks!

• October 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Hi Mikalaya,

Welcome to the party! I am so glad you came. Hugs! I hope you are able to come more often :-) Do convey my thanks to your Mom for introducing me to you.

13. October 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Thanks for hosting again Minnie! Have a great weekend!
    Brittany @ unBearablyGood recently posted..Clean Eating Tacos!My Profile

14. October 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Lots of goodies this week…Those sausages look amazing!
    Alyce Morgan recently posted..38 Power Foods, Week 17 — Berries — Fresh Berry CakeMy Profile

15. October 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM

So glad you enjoyed the Roasted Sausage and Potatoes ! It is definitely one of our favorites to and it’s so simple to make! Have a great week!
    Erika @ One Recipe at a Time recently posted..Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour MeatballsMy Profile

• October 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Thank you Erica for linking that recipe. We loved it.

16. October 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

OMG I haven’t heard of chicken piccata for a long time, and here I see you made it! Looks absolutely delicious and I have to make it soon! Enjoy seeing your course meal!
    Nami | Just One Cookbook recently posted..Nutella Banana BreadMy Profile

• October 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM

That’s Stephanie’s recipe, and I loved it too. And best part is with the menu finds, it’s easy to dig out.

17. October 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I missed it again, so sorry Minnie…
    got a new phone last week and I was kind of stuck with those vodafone miscreants in the last days. =/

You are the dinner party queen Minnie! Look at all those wonderful dishes. I have never heard of margarita chicken before, looks absolutely yumm.
    Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb recently posted..Comment on Mini Chili Quiche by Maureen | Orgasmic ChefMy Profile

18. March 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM

This is an awesome event. I am pretty sure this is very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing this.