Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #6

Here I am, back with a new Gala Dinner Party Extravaganza, and a brand new Dinner Menu.

The lady8home dinner poster

Don’t you just love dinner parties? I adore them. Large, small, medium, private, public, dancy, fancy, stuck up, footloose, dressy, casual, kiddie, couples, birthday, anniversary or just a ladies night – you name it and I love it.

Creating a fancy menu excites me equally. Should I go for finger foods or mocktails? Cheese or fries? Maybe a pizza night. No, no, let’s have a 7 course dinner evening.

The possibilities are endless. What would you like to cook? How would you go about the decoration? Or table setting? Put on your thinking caps, tie that apron and come on over. Let’s PARTEY!!!!

Over to the Menu :p

Appetizers:

Crab Artichoke Dip with Asiago Bacon

Crab Artichoke Dip with Asiago Bacon

Artichoke Guacamole

Artichoke Guacamole

Entree:

Quinoa salad

Quinoa salad

skillet chicken and mushroom – Also my personal favorite this week

Great-Northern-Pumpkin-Kale-Sausage-Stew

Great-Northern-Pumpkin-Kale-Sausage-Stew

And the MOST popular recipe this week is:

The perfect Chocolate Recipe!!

the perfect chocolate cake

the perfect chocolate cake

This also happens to be the DESSERT for our Menu this week :p

Kiddie Hit Of The Week:

Cheesecake

Now, do link up for next week’s menu.

The Lady 8 Home Weekend Dinner Extravaganza

Copy paste this image on your wordpress blog for link back or cntrC my URL for link back.

Link up your dishes right here. I want all of us to have fun. And when you have dinner parties at home, you know where to get the ideas from.

The Fun Begins:

a) Anything that you can present in a dinner party. Numbers don’t matter, make whatever takes your fancy. Whip up that cream, grab the wine bottle, broil those steaks, chop the greens or fillet that fish. Go healthy or go sinful. It’s a party, HAVE FUN!

You can also post on party decoration ideas, party games ideas, ice breaker ideas, beauty tips, fashion ideas – in short anything that makes a party rocking.

b) Link new or old blog posts. Share one or share more if you want. But please make sure to link the URL of your blog post, and NOT the homepage. Also, post your own creations and photographs that you have the copyright to.

c) Leave me a comment telling me what you posted.

d) Like my Facebook page for updates, and share this linky party with your friends.

e) Mingle with other Party goers. Visit them and leave them comments. The whole idea of a party is to make friends and this is no different.

f) A request: Please post a recipe that you would serve to guests in your own house at a dinner party. And make sure the post has pictures with it. So while oatmeal porridge is a very healthy and great food, it’s not exactly party item.

Next week I will create the menu – I will pick at least 1-3 appetizer, 2-4 entres, and 1 or 2 dessert items. Also I will share the most viewed post and include it in the menu. I will also pick the most interesting and helpful dinner party help ideas.
I will share them on Twitter, my facebook page and Pinterest.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

The Lady8Home Gala Dinner Extravaganza

Copy paste this image on your WordPress blog for link back or Ctrl +C my URL for link back. If you have a blogger, please include my URL somewhere for link back.

20 comments for “Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #6

1. October 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM

It’s hard to beat a luscious looking chocolate cake isn’t it! :D
    Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella recently posted..Stellenbosch & Franschhoek, South AfricaMy Profile

2. October 19, 2012 at 12:35 AM

that cake loooks yummy. i totally forgot about this
    let me see what i can add up for this party
    meena recently posted..NUTTY QUINOA CORN FRITTERS — a guest postMy Profile

3. October 20, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Minnie I am unable to link my recipe its giving me error

can i send u the link via email
    meena recently posted..NUTTY QUINOA CORN FRITTERS — a guest postMy Profile

4. October 20, 2012 at 6:54 AM

One day I must try and figure out how all this linky stuff works. I see it everywhere and wonder how the heck everyone has time to make, photograph and write that many posts every week. or do they use past posts? I’m totally clueless :) it all looks so good, Minnie!
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Bean Sprout SaladMy Profile

• October 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yup Maureen, you can absolutely use any of the past recipe. All you have to do is to insert my blog post link somewhere in your post by editing it, and then copy paste your updated post link, come here, and enter it in the linky tool at the bottom. Done! It’s very simple, and a lot of fun. I also had problems earlier, now I really enjoy linking up.

• October 23, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I understand what Maureen means, I have only participated once in the past in a linky exchange, simply because I forget or no time or because there was frequently some kind of problem with the linking and that used to make me go nuts. lol

Minnie, have you bought a linky sbscription for several linky events? I think so one is free right? I wanted to try it out once but then I am so squeezed with time already, so I gave up. ^.^

I have added my entry (finally!!), hope you guys like it. ;)

• October 23, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Thank you so so much for linking up :p I know what you mean, initially even I had that issue. But now I am a pro, lol!

Yes, I bought year long subscription. I think they have a 14 day trial, so you can use that and see how it goes.

5. October 22, 2012 at 5:21 AM

My God, what a cake!!!! I should apply and understand how to put my recipe in your dinner gala!
    kitchen memories recently posted..Lobsters, linguine & champagne: happy birthday … to me!My Profile

• October 22, 2012 at 9:42 AM

It’s very easy. Choose a post that you want to submit, simply enter my link somewhere in your post, update it, and then enter the updated post URL in the linky tool. Give a short description of the recipe (eg Chocolate Cake or Pumpkin Pie etc), crop pictures and done.
      Minnie recently posted..Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #6My Profile

6. October 22, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I just love the look of that chocolate cake. It’s been so beautifully iced xx
    Hotly Spiced recently posted..The 80th Birthday PartyMy Profile