Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #8

As we deal with ‘Sandy’, the hurricane that has battered East coast for the past few days, we New Englanders brave it out with some great spirits and visions of fabulous parties. While real life parties are not quite happening at this moment, what’s stopping us from having a fabulous online party?

Don’t you just love dinner parties? I adore them. Large, small, medium, private, public, dancy, fancy, stuck up, footloose, dressy, casual, kiddie, couples, birthday, anniversary or just a ladies night – you name it and I love it.

Creating a fancy menu excites me equally. Should I go for finger foods or mocktails? Cheese or fries? Maybe a pizza night. No, no, let’s have a 7 course dinner evening.

The possibilities are endless. What would you like to cook? How would you go about the decoration? Or table setting? Put on your thinking caps, tie that apron and come on over. Let’s PARTEY!!!!

So what do we have for this week’s Menu?

Appetizers:

Chicken Meatballs.

Entree:

Spinach Whole Wheat Noodles

Southwestern Eggrolls

Mysore Masala Pesarattu

Dessert:

Yum Yum Pumpkin Bars

Winning Dish of the Week:

Paneer Bhurji

Now, do link up for next week’s menu.

The Lady 8 Home Weekend Dinner Extravaganza

Copy paste this image on your wordpress blog for link back or cntrC my URL for link back.

Link up your dishes right here. I want all of us to have fun. And when you have dinner parties at home, you know where to get the ideas from.

The Fun Begins:

The linky party opens Thursday midnight and closes Sunday midnight EST. You can post:

a) Anything that you can present in a dinner party. Numbers don’t matter, make whatever takes your fancy. Whip up that cream, grab the wine bottle, broil those steaks, chop the greens or fillet that fish. Go healthy or go sinful. It’s a party, HAVE FUN!

You can also post on party decoration ideas, party games ideas, ice breaker ideas, beauty tips, fashion ideas – in short anything that makes a party rocking.

b) Link new or old blog posts. Share one or share more if you want. But please make sure to link the URL of your blog post, and NOT the homepage. Also, post your own creations and photographs that you have the copyright to.

c) Leave me a comment telling me what you posted.

d) Like my Facebook page for updates, and share this linky party with your friends.

e) Mingle with other Party goers. Visit them and leave them comments. The whole idea of a party is to make friends and this is no different.

Next week I will create the menu – I will pick at least 1-3 appetizer, 2-4 entres, and 1 or 2 dessert items. Also I will share the most viewed post and include it in the menu. I will also pick the most interesting and helpful dinner party help ideas.
I will share them on Twitter, my Facebook page and Pinterest.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

The Lady8Home Gala Dinner Extravaganza

Copy paste this image on your wordpress blog for link back or Ctrl +C my URL for link back.

28 comments for “Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #8

November 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Another fantastic menu my friend the entrees especially caught my eye :)

CCU recently posted..HALLOWEEN!My Profile

2. November 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM

wow awesome party dishes.. i had paneer bhurji simplified on my page. i made grilled sandwich out of paneer bhurji

hope all at ur end is fine
    meena recently posted..Ragi dosa with beetroot chutney– a guest postMy Profile

3. November 2, 2012 at 8:10 AM

ok I dont know why but I am always having a problem linking up Minnie. I have added the link back but I am too frustrated to continue trying to make it happen. Maybe you can try, if you have some extra time? sorry… =/
    Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb recently posted..Comment on Spiced Drumstick Potato Soup by Nami | Just One CookbookMy Profile

• November 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I am so sorry :-( There was actually a linky glitch that I have fixed now. I apologize. Please try it one more time, I am sure it will work. Else send me the links, and I will do it for you. Just put the URL of this post somewhere in that post and I will do the rest for you.
      Minnie recently posted..Menu Finds with Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party #8My Profile

4. November 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Great party, Minnie! Thank you for hosting. Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Stephanie @ It’s not just about the recipe . . . . recently posted..21 Days Until ThanksgivingMy Profile

• November 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Thanks Stephanie :))

5. November 3, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Hey dear have linked my entry, cream of chicken soup :)
    Cream Of Chicken Soup – Easier Way
    60 Days to Christmas – Event & Giveaway
    Divya Pramil recently posted..Cream Of Chicken Soup – Easier WayMy Profile

6. November 3, 2012 at 5:52 AM

It’s always so interesting to see what everyone comes up with! :D
    Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella recently posted..Peruvian Salute at Glass, SydneyMy Profile

7. November 3, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Hi Minnie, wonderful event !! I have linked up my Thai Tom Yum soup. But I dono what I mistook, Picture is not display? Can you do anything for that?? thanks in advance

My FIRST EVENT – THANKS GIVING
    Yashodha recently posted..THAI VEGETARIAN TOM YUM SOUPMy Profile

• November 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I corrected that Yashodha. I think you missed the cropping picture part. Now it’s all god. Thanks so so much for linking this up :) This sounds absolutely delicious!!!

8. November 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM

How much fun is this?! We love a great party and submitted some luscious scallops wrapped in bacon with a Sriracha dipping sauce! CHEERS!
    The Hungry Goddess recently posted..Lamb Roast Marinated in Fennel Pollen and Meyer LemonMy Profile

9. November 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

wow!! all the dishes look supercool!! keep winning all the contests.

hope that hurricane thing has subsided.

• November 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Welcome back Debajyoti! So good to see you. How is your business venture doing? Are you back to blogging?

• debajyoti
        November 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

it’s super fun!!! no, i am not back to blogging. just reading few posts as i have time now although i am getting tempted to write a post.

10. November 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Thanks so much for the invite to another great party!!
    Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen recently posted..Chicken with Herbed Dumplings for Soul Warming #SundaySupperMy Profile

11. November 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

What a delicious dinner party. I’m salivating just reading the menu! I’ve added a link to a mesclun salad with pears and blue cheese, which would be a great fall/winter dinner party starter, I think.
    Martha@ Simple Nourished Living recently posted..{38 Power Foods} Mesclun Salad with Pears and Blue CheeseMy Profile

12. November 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I love the look of the spinach pasta. What a gorgeous colour xx
    Hotly Spiced recently posted..Fawlty Towers CentralMy Profile

13. November 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi minnie ,
    I have linked Salmon fish fry…but the picture is missing..Can u pls delete it..I will link it back…
    TamilarasiSasikumar recently posted..Fish Fry / Meen VaruvalMy Profile

14. November 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM

The Paneer Bhurji wins for me! :)
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Eat Drink Blog 2012My Profile

15. November 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Mmmm … Everything looks so delicious :-)
    CJ at Food Stories recently posted..Monday Muster & Slowly Getting Better :-) My Profile