Last year, when I started blogging, I received an invitation to participate in a group challenge called ‘Improv_Challenge’ hosted by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. At first, I was thrilled. And then, the clueless bloggy pumpkin that I was, it totally stumped me. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, and the only linky party concept I knew was to go and link it up somewhere. Hence, when Kirsten would send me her linkies, I would stare at it stupidly, no clue what to do with it. Kristen even told me what to do, which sounded quite Greek to me, and I was too hesitant to ask any more.
So I did not do anything about it. Till last week. We recently started another Blog hop called ‘Ina’s Fridays’, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes arranged for a Linky where all the posts would show up on all the participants’ pages once they link their recipe. Ting!!! The bulb came on. I rushed back to check on Improv challenge, and now I knew what this was about.
So from this month, I happily am going to be part of this awesome group of bloggers who blog every third Thursday of the month. This months ingredient are eggs and bacon. I decided to make French Toasts. But I gave this traditional toast a twist. Instead of semi sweet breakfast, this is more a savory mid day snack or even a brunch. Goes well as a finger food too.
- 4 eggs
- 8 pieces of whole wheat bread
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 2 Thai green chilies or any other chili of your choice
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- a pinch of turmeric (optional)
- Cook bacon in a pan till crisp. Transfer on a paper towel and reserve the pan with bacon oil.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs, milk, green pepper, red chili pepper, turmeric, salt.
- Crumble the bacon pieces and add to the egg mixture.
- Cut the bread pieces diagonally.
- Heat the pan or the girdle with bacon oil.
- Dip bread pieces into the egg mixture and fry in the bacon oil.
- Fry on medium flame about 4 minutes on each side, till nicely cooked and look crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup.