Chocolate Truffles #InaFridays

Truffles

It’s the first Friday of the month again! At least, it was. Two days ago.

Truffles

Every month, the first Friday, a group of an awesome talented bloggers make a themed dish from the famed chef Ina Garten’s unlimited reservoir of dishes.

Truffles 1

This month’s theme is Dessert.

So I made these.

Truffles super

Because they are so easy.

Truffles center

They are delicious.

Truffles3

They are chocolaty.

They are filled with coffee goodness in them. Chocolate and coffee flavors = awesomeness

Truffles love

The recipe is quick and easy. Adapted from here:

Chocolate Truffles #InaFridays

• ½ pound good bittersweet chocolate such as Lindt
  • ½ pound good semisweet chocolate such as Ghiradelli
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons Kahlua liquor
  • 1 tablespoon prepared coffee
  • ½ teaspoon good vanilla extract
  • Confectioners' sugar
  • Cocoa powder
  1. Chop the chocolates and place them in a mixing bowl.
  2. Scald cream and pour it through a sieve into the bowl with chocolate
  3. Whisk gently with a wire whisk until the chocolate is mixed and smooth.
  4. Add the Kahlua liquor, vanilla, and prepared coffee.
  5. Set aside to room temperature for 30 minutes.
  6. With 2 teaspoons, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  7. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm. Roll each dollop of chocolate in your hands to roughly make a round ball and roll in cocoa powder or whatever you like.
  8. Melt some good orange flavored chocolate, stirring till it's thick in texture. Drizzle over the truffles. .

Check out what my fellow Ina Friday bloggers have blogged this week:

Truffles wow

22 comments for “Chocolate Truffles #InaFridays

1. March 10, 2014 at 3:17 AM

I love good chocolate truffles and these look heavenly! How do I stay away from eating them all is a good question. :)
    Nami | Just One Cookbook recently posted..Crispy Salmon 鮭フライMy Profile

• March 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

hehehe!! I had a one year old little kid at a party eat these and swing to and fro with a broad smile after every bite…..that made my evening, lol! They are difficult to stay away from.
      Minnie recently posted..Kuchumber – salad with scraped vegetablesMy Profile

2. March 10, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I made truffles recently and the men in my family ate every single one of them. Don’t let them see yours!
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..In My Kitchen, March 2014My Profile

3. March 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM

A good truffle is hard to beat my friend, delicious chocolatey treat :)

Choc Chip Uru recently posted..Daddy’s Throwback & Winner Announced!My Profile

4. March 10, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Hi Minnie,
    You really got it right on how to serve truffles –with a nice mug of coffee! It just washes the truffle down so nicely and then you take another bite. Mmmm.
    Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits recently posted..Flourless Pecan Sandies CookiesMy Profile

5. March 11, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Mmmmm, truffles. These look perfect and I love your photos :)
    Easy is good in my book, especially if it produces this.
    Coffee and Crumpets recently posted..Sweet Potato and Ground Beef Phyllo CigarsMy Profile

6. March 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Coffee and chocolate belong together…. on my table, actually. I promised me I wouldn’t make anything this decadent for the next few weeks. Promises can be broken.
    Katie recently posted..Beef Braised in Guinness, springMy Profile

7. March 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Oh, Minnie! Truffles, how do i love thee? Yours with the 3 chocolates sound irresistible. I noticed Maureen’s comment and have to agree. Don’t set the serving platter near me unless you’ve got another in the kitchen. :)
    ChgoJohn recently posted..Gluten-Free Chocolate TorteMy Profile

8. Liz
    March 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Great pick! You can’t go wrong with any of Ina’s recipes…and your truffles look divine!

9. March 12, 2014 at 10:53 AM

they sound wonderful!
    dina recently posted..Irish BreakfastMy Profile

10. linsy
    March 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Share it with friends, that’s good you know, not just recipe. Its so inviting and anything with liquor, I am in.

11. March 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Chocolate truffles are a huge weakness of mine and I know if I had a batch of these right now, I’d be munching away. Love the coffee chocolate combo!
    mjskit recently posted..Chicken and Vegetables Smothered in Chile de Arbol Pecan SauceMy Profile

12. March 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I would have eaten all of these in one day! They are so pretty and delicious. Really elegant.

13. March 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM

You can’t go wrong with a good chocolate truffle! I usually eat them around Christmas but I’m such a chocolate fan I’d eat them any time!
    Charles recently posted..Beetroot Muffins, a.k.a how to trick kids into eating vegetables!My Profile

14. cj
    March 17, 2014 at 9:31 PM

OMG – My fave is the one with the teapot :)