It’s the first Friday of the month again! At least, it was. Two days ago.
Every month, the first Friday, a group of an awesome talented bloggers make a themed dish from the famed chef Ina Garten’s unlimited reservoir of dishes.
This month’s theme is Dessert.
So I made these.
Because they are so easy.
They are delicious.
They are chocolaty.
They are filled with coffee goodness in them. Chocolate and coffee flavors = awesomeness
The recipe is quick and easy. Adapted from here:
- ½ pound good bittersweet chocolate such as Lindt
- ½ pound good semisweet chocolate such as Ghiradelli
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua liquor
- 1 tablespoon prepared coffee
- ½ teaspoon good vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolates and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Scald cream and pour it through a sieve into the bowl with chocolate
- Whisk gently with a wire whisk until the chocolate is mixed and smooth.
- Add the Kahlua liquor, vanilla, and prepared coffee.
- Set aside to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- With 2 teaspoons, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm. Roll each dollop of chocolate in your hands to roughly make a round ball and roll in cocoa powder or whatever you like.
- Melt some good orange flavored chocolate, stirring till it's thick in texture. Drizzle over the truffles. .
Check out what my fellow Ina Friday bloggers have blogged this week:
- Alyce @ More Time at the Table
- Anna @ Cheese with Noodles
- Ansh @ Spice Roots
- Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
- Bhavna @ Just a Girl From AAmchi Mumbai..
- Linda, @ Tumbleweed Contessa
- Mary @ The Egg Farm
- Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
- Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
- Patti @ Comfy Cuisine
- Peggy@ Pantry Revisited
- Rocky Mountain Woman @ Rocky Mountain Woman
- Veronica@ My Catholic Kitchen