Avocado breakfast sliders

avocado breakfastThe winter vacation went by in a whirl. White whirl to be precise. Lots of snow, lots of indoor activities and not much of a vacation. My older one finished his marathon robot building project for his Robotics competitive club. They start competition season next month. Last year, their robot lost its arm and they had to drop out of the competition. This year they have worked very hard to make sure the robot anatomy stands the test of time games.

Neil & his robotics team

One indoor activity of this Mommy included creating some good breakfast for her ever hungry boys.

avocado breakfast recipe

These avocado sliders are easy to make, fun to eat and healthy to boot.

smoked salon avocad0

You can store this avocado mixture in the fridge for upto three days. They also make quick snacks, and you can make lunch sandwiches.

For those who want to skip smoked salmon, adding smoked paprika is a good option.

Avocado breakfast sliders
Serves: 4

• 2 Hass Avocados
  • 2 tbsp mashed smoked salmon
  • pinch of garlic powder
  • 1 small roma tomato sliced very fine or grated
  • Juice of ½ lime
  • salt & pepper
  • Slider buns
  • 4 egg poached
  1. Mash the avocados into a nice mush.
  2. Mix in the smoked salmon, garlic powder, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper.
  3. Poach the eggs.
  4. Toast the buns.
  5. Pile the avocado mixture on the bun, top it with one poached egg and serve.

the way I like it

7 comments for “Avocado breakfast sliders

1. February 26, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Great looking robot! I used to teach robotics at the local Community college and I can say it was as much fun for the teacher as it was for the students. 🙂 Love your breakfast sliders! Wasn’t expecting the smoked salmon!
    mjskitchen recently posted..Spiced Chocolate AtoleMy Profile

2. February 26, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Oh boy, I am so bookmarking this! My husband and I just had a conversation the other day about how we both love avocados and don’t know why we don’t eat them more often. This would be an excellent place to start! Love the robot too, by the way! 🙂
    Emily recently posted..The Happiness Project – Smiles and Finding the Silver LiningMy Profile

3. February 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I just said OUTLOUD to myself – OMG that looks so good! I am going to try this with eggplant instead of the bread! 😀
    GiGi Eats recently posted..Protein-Packed Crunchy Love BitesMy Profile

4. February 27, 2015 at 7:41 AM

WOWOW that just looks AWESOME , I am sure it would taste yummyliscious tooooooooooooooo

Hello, How are you doing.

Bikram’s
    Bikram recently posted..To Roast or Not to RoastMy Profile

5. February 28, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Congratulations to your son on his robotic achievements. That’s an outstanding effort and I do hope they do well in the competition. Your avocado sliders look full of flavour and a great easy meal. I do trust that’s it for the snow and you can now look forward to Spring xx
    Hotly Spiced recently posted..Iceberg Lettuce Salad and…Turkey TimeMy Profile

6. March 1, 2015 at 2:35 PM

What a great twist on an old favorite, Minnie. Who doesn’t like sliders? Love that you’ve added salmon to the avocado. Yum! Wishing and the team good luck in the competition. Considering how last year’s competition ended for them, I bet this year’s robot arms are the most securely fastened of all of the teams. 🙂
    ChgoJohn recently posted..Eggs in PurgatoryMy Profile

7. March 4, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Robots are so much fun! What a great activity. And what a great slider! This is inspired — really unusual mix of flavors. The dish sounds amazing — good stuff. Thanks.
    John@Kitchen Riffs recently posted..The Brainstorm CocktailMy Profile