Fruity Matcha shake

Green teaI have learned so much from my fellow bloggers who have become inspirations as well as friends that I often think of, miss and learn from everyday.

I also have resigned myself to the fact that I am not one of those who work truly hard to keep their blogs spectacular. I have realized I can’t seem to get those hours everyday on my schedule that’s needed to keep this going.

BUT….I love this blog, and the world that it has given me. I miss my blogger friends when I am not active, and think about them often.I stalk them on Facebook, ad worry when THEY are missing in action…. I find myself visiting their sites to see whats new, and because I am notorious for not typing on my phone, I often procrastinate leaving comments, and often don’t even get around to – and I apologize for that. But I love you all, and while I often am MIA, I am not going anywhere anytime soon.

smoothie close up

I also keep trying things that I have learned from my lovely friends. I might not be able to post all of them, but I have seldom tried something that I didn’t love.

One of the things that I tried recenly was a Matcha shake. I learned about Green Tea powder from Nami at Justonecookbook. Nami posts beautiful Japanese recipes and her photographs make you go all hungry over whatever she cooks. She described about Green Tea powder beautifully in her post here, and her smoothie recipe with banana and almond milk is outstanding.

Matcha drink

For the recipe, please head over to Nami’s Green Tea Smoothie The only change I have made is that I added a few drops of Vanilla essence and half teaspoon of Organic Agave nectar. Makes for a great start to the day.

20 comments for “Fruity Matcha shake

1. July 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I’ve made Nami’s matcha smoothie as well. It’s awesome!
    mjskit recently posted..New Mexico Red Chile Mole’My Profile

2. July 5, 2015 at 10:08 PM

I love matcha and anything to do with it
    Ansh recently posted..Cassata Ice-Cream CakeMy Profile

3. July 6, 2015 at 4:42 AM

yummy drink nice clicks

4. July 6, 2015 at 8:27 PM

It’s good to know you’re around, Minnie, and yes, finding the time to blog is always a battle. I also read blogs on my phone but leaving comments is very trying; it’s so much easier on my lap top but it’s not always easy or convenient to lug it around with me. I love Nami’s blog too – she is a true professional blogger and everything she does is to such an incredibly high standard. I do love fruity shakes xx
    Hotly Spiced recently posted..A Hearty RaguMy Profile

5. July 7, 2015 at 6:36 AM

I love Nami’s blog too. I have NO idea how she gets everything done and done so well. You’ve done her proud with this shake. 🙂
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Breakfast Potatoes and EggsMy Profile

6. July 8, 2015 at 12:50 AM

I’d totally add vanilla to this too! I am a VANILLA girl for sure!
    GiGi Eats recently posted..NO “BULLOCKS” with Christine Bullock!My Profile

7. July 8, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Welcome back Minnie! Nami is fabulous! I love her recipes and the way that she writes about Japanese food 🙂
    Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella recently posted..Medlar Tarts & The Mysterious Medieval Fruit!My Profile

• July 11, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Thanks Lorraine!! It looks like I can’t stay away even if I want to 🙂
      Minnie recently posted..Fruity Matcha shakeMy Profile

8. July 8, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Blogging should be fun and relaxing, so don’t worry about not blogging when it’s just not convenient. Life happens too often, doesn’t it? Anyway, love the color of this! So pretty — thanks.
    John/Kitchen Riffs recently posted..Sautéed Corn with Chilies and BaconMy Profile

• July 11, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Life is definitely pretty happening right now, so no complaints. But yes, I wish I had the energy to utilize those extra 5-6 hours that I get. But unfortunately sleep beckons so off I go!! Thanks so much John.
      Minnie recently posted..Fruity Matcha shakeMy Profile

9. July 20, 2015 at 9:12 AM

This looks like an amazing way to get the MATCHA down the hatch… Because to be honest, I am no MATCHA fan! 😉 I tried… It didn’t work – ha ha!
    GiGi Eats recently posted..Carmen San Diego is So Jealous!My Profile

10. July 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Hi Minnie, it is hard to keep the blogging up, but like you I can’t imagine not doing it. This shake looks great, I’m going to buy Matcha tomorrow. GG

11. July 21, 2015 at 4:51 AM

That looks SO good and would make a perfect breakfast idea for busy weekdays! LOVE it! Karen
    Karen recently posted..Provençal Stuffed Apricot & Goat’s Cheese Salad with Edible FlowersMy Profile

12. July 21, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Love that last photo…it makes me want to grab that straw and take a sip. 🙂
    Karen (Back Road Journal) recently posted..Arroz Con Pollo “His Way”My Profile